This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Regional Events Acceleration Fund
The Regional Events Acceleration Fund aims to boost the economic and social recovery of regional NSW by attracting new major events to regional areas and supporting existing iconic major events to be bigger and better.
- Applications Open: until 4 October, 2022
- Grants minimum of $15,000 depending on stream:
What is eligible for funding?
The types of events eligible for funding include:
- Major sporting and lifestyle events
- Major food and beverage events
- Major music, art, cultural and regionally significant agricultural field day events.
Applicants must demonstrate the event:
- Will take place in one of the 93 regional NSW LGAs, Unincorporated Far West Region or Lord Howe Island
- Will occur between 1 July 2022 and 30 June 2023
- Has a central location/venue and does not consist of a series of multiple events in a variety of locations.
Applicants must demonstrate the project type is aligned to the following:
- Stream One: operational improvements and/or temporary infrastructure needed to boost major event attendance and improve visitor experience at an existing event
- Stream Two: attracting and delivering a major new international or domestic event or retaining a major event in regional NSW that is “footloose”
- Stream Three: the purchase or hire of accessibility infrastructure and inclusive programming in conjunction with a Stream One or Stream Two application.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding under the Regional Events Acceleration Fund applicants must be the event owner (i.e. the applicant either owns or has secured the rights to host the event) and be one of the following entities:
- the event organiser or committee
- a local council or Joint Organisation of Councils
- a not-for-profit organisation, including business chambers, industry associations and charities
- a sporting body (i.e. NSW or National Associations)
- a Local Aboriginal Land Council.
- be financially solvent, have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be a sole trader; company; incorporated association; or trust entity
- have appropriate insurance cover including at least $20 million public liability insurance for the event period
- have the consent of the landowner and development approval (if required)
- have provided a completed datasheet; an event management plan that includes an accessibility and inclusion plan; and evidence of co-contribution.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
Get the funding that your manufacturing business in Victoria needs with the help of our team.