The Producer Offset is a refundable tax offset/rebate for producers of Australian feature films, television and other projects.
- You must have prior titled credits on a previous film. For example, be credited as a producer, director etc. on a prior film that has been distributed at a film festival, cinema or screened on a television network
- Meet the minimum threshold budget requirements:
- Feature films – 40% QAPE offset, minimum film budget of $500,000
- Non-feature single-episode drama programs including direct-to-DVD films, telemovies and films made for online distribution – 20% QAPE offset, minimum budget $500,000
- Documentary projects – minimum budget of $500,000
- Films are only eligible for the 40% offset if they are feature films produced for exhibition to the public in cinemas and meet all offset requirements
- TV or VOD release are not eligible for the 40% offset but are eligible for the 20% offset if they meet all offset requirements
- Project must have a significant Australian content
What is eligible for funding?
- Production expenditure e.g. costs for development, pre-production, principal photography and post-production activities that are necessary to bring production toa state that it is ready to be distributed/broadcast/exhibited
Costs that are not eligible for funding for this project include any aspect of financing the project,
developing the proposal for the project (e.g. pitching), distribution, marketing
or promotion of the project.
How can Avant Group help me?
Avant Group’s film funding department works with Australian production houses and filmmakers to gain funding and loans to help produce and distribute locally made productions to the world.
We can help determine your eligibility, as well as help ensure you are maximising your claim.
We can help you prepare your application and write your application on your behalf, help understand the funding and prepare for any auditing requirements.
The Producer Offset is a refundable tax offset/rebate for producers of Australian feature films, television and other projects. It is worth 40% of the QAPE incurred in the making of a feature film or 20% of the QAPE* incurred for other eligible formats such as television series, animation series, online content or documentaries.