This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Workforce Training Innovation Fund
This will depend on the funding stream you apply for.
Seed Funding: Up to $50,000
Grant Funding: Up to $5 million
The Workforce Training Innovation Fund (WTIF) grant offers funding from $50,000-$5 million for partnerships between industry and training providers in Victoria.
You will need to show your project fits into one of the below categories:
- New training, products and methods
- Innovation in course development, product design and training delivery, supporting training and TAFE system improvements that drive social, economic and global success.
- Applied research
- Research solving ‘real world’ industry and business productivity challenges and the study of innovation in training design and delivery and product development.
- Workforce training and skills development
- Improving accessibility, relevance and delivery of workplace skills to support business productivity and learner employability.
- Priority sectors
- Design of skills development approaches for new and emerging industries, key priority growth industries, and the Victorian government priority sectors.
What is eligible for funding?
A number of projects can be funded as long as they:
- Improve training outcomes
- Increase the relevance of training to their industry
What companies are eligible for funding?
- Training providers (e.g. Victorian TAFE, local learn organisations, Registered Training Providers)
- Industry (e.g. unions, peak bodies, individual businesses)
- Research centres
- Local government
- Regional bodies
- State government
For a detailed description of companies/organisations that are eligible to apply, view the government’s fact sheet.
When does the grant open/close?
The WTIF operates annually and opens twice a year.
The dates for each round of funding change annually.
Contact Avant Group to find out which round is currently open and for current closing dates.
Do I need to pay back the money if I win the grant?
No, grants are not required to be paid back.
Is this a competitive or entitlement grant?
Competitive. Your application will be competing for funding among other applicants.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
- Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
- How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
- Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.