WA Regional Events Program (REP) – Tourism
- Applications Open: This program is open on an ongoing basis.
- Grants: up to $40,000
The program seeks to support medium to large regional events across the state that will develop and attract major events and generate significant benefits for the state and the regional communities in which they are hosted.
The funding proposals must:
- Be submitted at least a minimum of 12 months prior to the event date.
What is eligible for funding?
To be eligible the event must:
- Attract media coverage that will help raise the profile of the region as a tourist destination (media impact).
- Bring additional tourism income to regional communities by increasing visitor numbers and expenditure in the host community (economic impact).
- Support job creation in regional WA and benefit social amenities and well-being of regional WA.
- Involve and inspire the local community (social benefits).
- Improve the vibrancy and vitality of the state.
- Extend the length of the traditional tourist seasons and better utilise tourism facilities and services during off-peak or shoulder periods.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible the event holders must:
- Provide verification from an independent risk management specialist that their plan meets the standard.
- Produce a risk management plan that complies with the latest ASRM AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.