This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Victorian Rural Landholder Grants
- Applications open: until 30 April, 2023
- Grants: up to $25,000
The Victorian Rural Landholder Grants provides funding for disaster-impacted primary production enterprises that do not qualify for the Primary Producer Recovery Grant.
The program provides up to $25,000 for qualified primary producers that do not qualify for the Primary Producer Recovery Grant. The grant provides support for recovery and clean-up costs.
Please read the guidelines to guarantee that your business is qualified before accomplishing an Application Form. To prevent any delay in the processing of your application, please confirm you have delivered all the documentation and information necessary with your completed application.
What is eligible for funding?
This program covers the following activities:
- removal and disposal of debris and injured or dead livestock
- replacing or repairing essential equipment
- fixing and replacing fencing
- buying fodder, water and water storage
- salvaging damaged crops, grain or feed, and
- hiring or purchasing materials to clean up a property or equipment.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for the Rural Landholder Grants, the applicant must:
- Be a rural landholder
- Be normally charged rates under the Local Government Act 1989 and hold property of at least 10 hectares (24.7 acres) in size.Note: Rural Finance will assess your application on a case-by-case basis if you do not meet these requirements e.g. lease arrangements.
- Have a Primary Production Enterprise that is undertaken for commercial purposes and:
- Devote part of their labour to the Primary Production Enterprise;
- Not receive the majority of income from Primary Production;
- Earn at least $20,000 per annum from the Primary Production Enterprise;
- Earn no more than $180,000 per annum from off-farm income, including each individual, director or shareholder involved in the Primary Production Enterprise. That is, if there are three people involved in the Primary Production Enterprise, they can each earn up to $180,000 per annum from income that is not derived from the applying Primary Production Enterprise. The applicant will need to submit one or multiple self declaration(s), confirming that each individual involved, does not earn more than $180,000 per annum from off-farm income;
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at the time of the disaster;
- Have been engaged in carrying on the Primary Production Enterprise when affected by 2022 Victorian Flood Events;
- Intend to re-establish the Primary Production Enterprise in the same community, region or sector as the defined disaster area for the eligible disaster;
- Have a Primary Production Enterprise that is located in the defined disaster area for the eligible disaster and have suffered direct damage as a result of the eligible disaster;
- Be primarily responsible for meeting the costs claimed in the applications.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Applications are assessed against eligibility criteria.
How can Avant Group help?
When you’re a business owner, you may not have time to work through the red tape and audits required to apply for government grants.
Avant Group is your partner for grant success! We take all the hassle out of the entire grant application process from working through the red tape, writing the application and managing audit and reporting requirements – so you can focus on running your business.
Success Only Fees
Avant Group works on a Success Only Fee basis.
We also offer:
- All AusIndustry auditing management included at no additional cost
- Hands on technical project management covering application writing and administration aspects
- A highly skilled advisory team with consultants from engineering, marketing and finance disciplines
- Government accreditation
- A dedicated account manager who will work with you every step of the way with your grant application
Want to know more? Contact us for an obligation-free assessment of your eligibility.