This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Significant Sporting Events Program
- Applications Open: until 30 April 2023
- Grants: $20,000 – $150,000
This program aims to assist sporting, event, and community organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria either national or international in focus, or have regional significance and are recognised by a relevant sporting body.
The eligible applicant must meet the main assessment criteria which include:
- Participation, visitation and economic benefit
- Sport development benefits
- Strategic alignment/government priorities
What is eligible for funding?
The eligible events include, but are not limited to:
- Sports conferences/sports forums
- One-off international or national sporting matches
- International or national open/youth/masters events
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding applicants must:
- Be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations)
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be financially solvent.
The eligible applicants include:
- State sporting associations
- National sporting organisations
- Regional sports assemblies
- Sport conference organisers
- Local government authorities
- Not-for-profit organisations
- Private event organisations
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.