Digital Jobs for Manufacturing
- Applications Open: This program is open on an ongoing basis until 31 March 2024
- Grants: up to $5,000
The Digital Jobs for Manufacturing program provides grants of up to $5,000 for Victorian manufacturing businesses to upskill their existing staff to adapt to a digital operating environment. The program is open to businesses with a manufacturing presence in Victoria which are on a growth trajectory and are seeking to utilise their existing workforce to apply digital technology to their operations.
Training modules under the Digital Jobs for Manufacturing Program cater for a range of skill levels, but all participating employees must at a minimum be confident using common computer programs and navigating the internet. Some courses may be better suited to the employee than others, depending on the existing level of their digital skill levels.
Applicants must undertake the following steps to apply:
- Carefully read these program guidelines.
- Identify the training module, course and training provider and confirm details of the employee/s to attend training
- Apply online via Digital Jobs for Manufacturing | Business Victoria
- Await email confirmation of application submission. Please check spam or junk mail if the confirmation email cannot be seen in your inbox.
Only final applications that are lodged with the Department will be considered and assessed, and applications in a draft stage that have not been submitted will not be considered. Submission of an application does not guarantee that an application will be supported for funding. Priority may be given to first-time applicants to the program.
The Program will be open for applications until funds are allocated or 11.59 pm 31 March 2024, whichever is earlier.
What is eligible for funding?
Grants of up to $5,000 are available per employee and require funded manufacturers to ensure their nominated employee is provided with an opportunity to earn and learn.
This includes incorporating a digital element into the employee’s position description upon completion of the training and ensuring the employee of assigned relevant work activities and tasks to apply and embed their learning.
Eligible businesses can receive funding for up to five (5) employees to undertake training throughout the life of the program.
What companies are eligible for funding?
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Is a legal entity with an operating business presence in Victoria
- Has a current Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN on and from 1 October 2022
- Has been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 1 October 2022
- Has met all industrial relations obligations as an employer by the National Employment Standards
- Attests that they will make their nominated employee/s available for training in the selected training round; and
- Attests that both the applicant and their employee/s will participate in any future program evaluation activities.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Applications are assessed against eligibility criteria.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.