This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Grant
Businesses directly impacted by the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022 can access a one-off grant of $5,000 to cover immediate expenses.
The Victorian Government’s Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program assists eligible businesses that were directly impacted by the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022 and can access a one-off grant of $5,000 to cover immediate expenses. Businesses must be located within an eligible local government area and incurred significant direct damage to their place of business, business assets, stock, or equipment. The program will open for applications on Thursday 20 October 2022 and close on Friday 13 January 2023 at 4 pm, or earlier if funds are exhausted. Applications are assessed on a first in first served basis.
Applicants that apply for funding from this program undertake the following process:
- Step 1 – Check your eligibility and apply via the Business Victoria website and:
- provide proof of identity
- attest to having incurred significant direct damage from flooding to the place of business, business assets, stock or equipment
- provide the following information: ABN, entity registration details (e.g. ACN), trustee details, Workcover Employer Number if available, location of business.
- Step 2 – Submitted applications are assessed by the department for eligibility.
- Step 3 – Applicants are notified of the assessment outcome. If the application is successful, payment is made into the nominated bank account.
What is eligible for funding?
Eligible businesses can apply for the grant to cover expenses incurred from direct flood damage including for (but not limited to):
- qualified tradespeople to conduct safety inspections, repair premises and internal fittings
- equipment, materials and services needed for clean-up
- removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
- equipment, stock and materials essential for immediately resuming operations.
What companies are eligible for funding?
This program supports businesses that have incurred significant direct flood damage due to the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022 and are located within a local government area deemed eligible for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement. Please see the Business Victoria website for a list of eligible local government areas.
The applicant’s business must:
- hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 14 October 2022
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 14 October 20221
- have incurred significant direct damage from flooding to the place of business, business assets, stock or equipment.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Applications are assessed against eligibility criteria.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.