This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants
The most recent round (round 5) of funding has closed on 24 August. We are accepting expressions of interest for the next round.
The State Government previously invested $5 million for the previous Round (Round 5) of the program.
The RED Grants program is a State Government initiative that invests in projects that contribute to economic growth and development in regional Western Australia.
- Applications Open for Round 6: Pending further announcements
- Grants: up to $250,000
What is eligible for funding?
Applicants are required to demonstrate:
- how their project meets at least one of the following economic growth and development objectives:
- sustainable jobs;
- expanding or diversifying industry;
- developing skills or capabilities;
- attracting new investment in the region;
- increasing productivity
- A minimum 50% cash contribution to the project (not-for-profit and Aboriginal Owned Organisations may be considered on a case-by-case basis). Proponent cash contributions are expected to exceed the minimum requirement. This will be considered in the application assessment process. Other State government funding will not be considered as part of the 50% co-contribution towards the project.
- Local partnerships and collaboration including co-investment/supported by key regional stakeholders.
- Delivery of local content outcomes.
- Alignment with region’s themes/priorities.
- A wider economic development benefit outside of the applicant entity.
- The capacity to undertake and complete the project (past grant experience, project management and governance structure, experience of key personnel, project risk identification and mitigation);
- The capacity to meet ongoing operating and maintenance costs following the conclusion of the grant funding (if applicable).
- Financial capacity and sustainability and provide two years of financial statements verified by a member of the Certified Practising Accountants (CPA), Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA), Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) or a registered auditor.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for RED Grant funding an applicant must:
- be a legal entity capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable financial assistance agreement (Grant Agreement) with the Western Australian State Government;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- have an account with an authorised deposit-taking institution (an Australian financial institution or bank) registered with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
You are not eligible to apply if you are a:
- State or Federal Government Agency;
- Government Trading Enterprise (GTE);
- Hospital; or
- A Trustee that is not empowered through the Trust Deed to enter into an agreement with the State Government to receive funding.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.