This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme
- Applications Open: This program is available biennially. Applications must be submitted by 3:30pm on 16 April 2023.
- Grants: $15,000 – $100,000
The program seeks to grant funding for activities and projects that directly improve recreational fishing experiences and opportunities in the Northern Territory. Funded by the Northern Territory Government’s $50 million RecFishing Futures Program and administered by the Fisheries Division of the Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism.
The eligible applicant is required to meet the main criteria include:
- Align with components of the Recreational Fishing Development Plan.
- Include an accurately costed and viable budget.
- Address a well-substantiated community need, providing proof in the form of letters of support or other documentation.
- Meet the objectives of the NTRFGS.
- Include a plan to promote awareness of the project.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of financial and in-kind support from the organisation, its partners or other sources.
- Demonstrate effective planning and use of resources to achieve clear and effective outcomes benefitting recreational fishing in the Territory.
- Provide evidence of community and/or stakeholder support or involvement.
- Show appropriateness in relation to the activities of the organisation.
What is eligible for funding?
The eligible activities include, but not limited to:
- Fishing clinics programs, family fishing days, and gone fishing day events.
- Wash-down facilities or fish-cleaning
- Best practice recreational fishing education programs.
- Infrastructure to facilitate new or improved recreational fishing access opportunities, such as shelters, camps, amenities and boat ramps.
- Fishing platforms, shelters, seats or structures at land-based fishing locations and boat ramps .
- Fish habitat restoration projects.
- Projects to improve education, awareness and participation in recreational fisheries research and management.
- Projects or events to promote safe, inclusive, accessible, and sustainable recreational fishing in the Territory, such as shows, fishing guides or maps with a focus on safe fishing, accessible fishing, inclusive fishing and/or sustainable fishing.
- Programs to capacity (such as fish tagging or fisher research) where a clear need can be demonstrated.
What companies are eligible for funding?
The eligible applicants include:
- Fishing organisations
- Incorporated bodies
- Fishing clubs
- Traditional Land Owners (Aboriginal Land Trusts)
- Fishing clubs
To be eligible you must:
- Incorporated body or sponsored by an incorporated organisation.
- Able to complete the project by 31 August 2024.
- Legally constituted Australian entity, with the main place of business registered and operating in the Territory.
- No outstanding acquittal from a previous Territory recreational fishing grant fund.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.