This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
QLD Accessible Tourism Enablers Grant
- Applications Open: until 31 May 2023
- Grants: up to $250,000
The program seeks to support not-for-profit disability peak organisations and accessible or disability-specific service organisations to develop and/or enhance products and services for use by tourism and event businesses.
The eligible applicant must meet the main assessment requirement:
- Value for money and return on investment (weighting 20%)
- Objectives and economic value (weighting 50%)
- Project readiness and completion (weighting 30%)
What is eligible for funding?
The eligible project costs include:
- In-house capability development costs for organisation to implement the new product or activity.
- Product development costs, including resources, software and equipment
- Who will directly develop product and/or service
- Wages and salaries for applicant’s new or additional employees, contractors or consultants
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
- Compliant with relevant requirements of the Disability Services Act 2006, including worker screening requirements.
- Be an established not-for-profit disability peak organisation and/or service organisation with demonstrated experience and expertise in disability, accessibility and inclusion best practice
for at least two years.
- Be a not-for-profit organisation that is:
- An incorporated association under the Associations Incorporated Act 1981 (Queensland)
- Public company limited by guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth)
- Registered on the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission
- Have people with disability or lived experience in the organisation’s governance and/or management (senior executives/board/employees etc).
- Have current appropriate expertise or experience to develop and/or deliver services, products, and materials suitable for tourism and events businesses.
- Hold public liability insurance to the value of not less than $10 million, or provide evidence of plans to obtain insurance to the value of not less than $10 million to cover the proposed project.
- Have operations or deliver services in Queensland.
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN), an Australian Company Number (ACN) or exemption from these.
- Be registered for GST.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.