Modern Manufacturing Initiative – Manufacturing Integration Stream
The $1.5B Modern Manufacturing Initiative is an opportunity for Australian manufacturing businesses to receive funding up to $20 million.
Applications Open: Rounds are being announced based on Industry Sector. Register your interest now by filling an assessment form today or calling our office on (03) 8567 7500
- Applications Open: Now
- Grants between $1 million – $20 million
- Funding is provided on a 1:1 basis, meaning businesses must be able to demonstrate a minimum project value of $2,000,000 per project (grant covers 50% of project costs
- Provides funding for manufacturers to encourage manufacturers to adopt new technologies to support entry into new markets with innovative solutions to build scale and capability
Funding is provided to businesses operating in the following six manufacturing priority areas: Resources Technology & Critical Minerals Processing, Food & Beverage, Medical Products, Recycling & Clean Energy, Defence and Space.
What is eligible for funding?
The Manufacturing Modernisation Fund (MMF) co-funds projects that will update manufacturing processes and grow highly skilled workforces.
Capital investment and reskilling costs can be funded to
- Adapt new technologies
- Become more productive
- Create more jobs
The program will run over three years and funding is provided for:
• transformative investments in technologies and processes
• larger grants between $1 million – $20 million
• will cover up to 50% of eligible project costs
What companies are eligible for funding?
Australian manufacturing businesses of any size that must:
- be a non tax exempt entity incorporated in Australia with an ABN.
- an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups and a trading corporation, where your trading activities:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.