This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Low Carbon Manufacturing Grant Program – Business Growth Stream
Grants of between $50,000 to $250,000 are available. All grants must be matched by a minimum cash co-contribution of $2 for every $1 granted.
Victoria’s transition to net zero emissions will require components to be made at scale to support the shift to renewable energy and lower emission processes. This provides an opportunity for local manufacturers to grow, generating economic activity, securing well-paid jobs, increasing exports, and reducing Victoria’s reliance on volatile international supply chains.
The Low Carbon Manufacturing Grant Program – Business Growth Stream (the program) is an initiative to assist Victorian manufacturers to capitalise on opportunities to produce products or components that support the transition to decarbonisation and net zero emissions.
Applicants must undertake the following steps to apply:
- carefully read these program guidelines
- compile all necessary supporting documents as detailed in the program guidelines and application form
- submit an application online at the Business Victoria programs webpage
- await email confirmation of application submission. Please check spam or junk mail if confirmation email cannot be seen in your inbox.
Applicants will be required to provide as part of their application a project plan which includes the following:
- project description
- overview of the implementation timeline
- evidence of sufficient internal resources to allocate to the project
- preferred supplier(s), where applicable
- any project risks and mitigation strategies
- budget summary (detailing how grant funds and the applicant’s contribution will be spent on eligible project expenditure, as GST exclusive)
- evidence of commercial viability which could include but is not limited to:
- market analysis for products
- offtake agreements
What is eligible for funding?
Projects must support the manufacturing of components or products for local and global supply chains that respond to market demand in the transition to a low carbon economy.
To be eligible, the project must involve the development or purchase of new equipment, processes, skills, or technology that directly support the making of products or components that will help the Victorian and global transition to net zero emissions.
Funding may support, but is not limited to:
- the purchase of capital equipment
- technology adoption and associated project expenditure for the manufacture of components and products that support the decarbonisation of the economy
Eligible project expenditure includes:
- capital expenditure (e.g., manufacturing machinery, equipment, and technology)
- other project-related non-capitalised expenditure (e.g., related to product and process improvements, evaluation and testing of new products and processes, technology development and supply chain capability development)
- minor building alterations and fit-out costs
- training specific to the technology (external costs only)
- labour and contractors related to the delivery of the project (but do not include internal salaries).
Eligible project expenditure must:
- be incurred by the grant recipient within 12 months of execution of the Grant Agreement
- be a direct cost of the project
- be exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
What companies are eligible for funding?
The program is open to manufacturers with an existing presence in Victoria who are on a growth trajectory and require support to increase their capability to manufacture products or components for local and global supply chains associated with the transition to a low carbon economy.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- be an eligible legal entity; and
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- be an employing business registered for WorkCover insurance with WorkSafe Victoria; and
- agree to meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- be currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain or demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain in Victoria.
- attest that they:
- agree to conduct the proposed activities in Victoria
- have met all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards; and
- will participate in future program evaluation activity; and
- will provide financial reports for the last three financial years to enable the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (the department) to conduct a Financial Risk Assessment (FRA).
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.