This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Breakthrough Victoria Fund – Catalyst for Growth Stream
The Breakthrough Victoria Fund - Catalyst for Growth investment stream will ensure that the capability and experience generated from an expanding (in revenue and market) entity will remain in Victoria to uplift other aspiring businesses and innovators, including development of a skilled workforce, increased commercialisation experience, and access to mentors. Ensuring the majority of operations remain in Victoria will generate significant jobs and local economic benefit.
- Applications Open: Now
- Grants typically up to $30 million per investment
Proponents will need to have 1:1 co-contribution for the investment they are seeking from the Catalyst for Growth stream.
Breakthrough Victoria may also work with private and institutional investors for co-investment.
What is eligible for funding?
Projects must have novel and protected intellectual property (IP) with further commercial potential in sectors such as:
- Health and life sciences
- Clean economy
- Advanced manufacturing
- Digital technologies
What companies are eligible for funding?
Who can apply for funding?
- Companies of any size, at the pre-revenue or revenue stage
- Joint ventures, consortia, special purpose vehicles, comprised of either industry or research organisations, or a combination.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.