This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Advanced Manufacturing Accelerating Growth Program
Offer support to Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprises to become more competitive, resilient and able to scale-up to better compete in global markets. The program will encourage businesses to invest in new equipment.
- Grants between $10,000 – $100,000
- You are responsible for the remaining eligible and ineligible project costs.
- Contributions to your project must be cash.
Your round 4 project cannot be funded if it receives funding from another Commonwealth government grant. You can apply for a grant for your project under more than one Commonwealth
program, but if your application is successful, you must choose either the Women in STEM and Entrepreneurship grant or the other Commonwealth grant.
What is eligible for funding?
The program provides a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent of approved project costs up to a maximum of
$100 000. Eligible project expenditure cannot be retrospective.
Eligible expenditure includes:
- Plant and equipment to be used in the manufacturing process
- Commissioning costs.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for financial assistance from the program the applicant:
- Must be able to demonstrate that they are a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprise
- Must have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST
- Cannot receive in excess of $100 000 per financial year under this program
- If funding is received in 2021-22 and then any application for the 2022-23 must be a different manufacturing growth project
- Must have annual sales turnover greater than $500 000 (indicatively) and less than $20 million
- Must not be a consultant or intermediary; and
- Must not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation.
You may be asked to supply documentation to support your eligibility claims as part of the application process, or as part of an audit process to confirm your claims were true and correct.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.