This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
26TEN Employer Grants
With the funding, you would employ an Adult Literacy Skills Officer to work with your organisation to determine your business needs, skill gaps, and help you design a suitable project.
These grants support employers and peak bodies to run projects to improve literacy and numeracy of Tasmanian workers (paid and volunteers). Projects can include improving all aspects of workplace communication.
We fund projects in these categories:
- The project provides general reading, writing, maths, and speaking and listening support to employees in your workplace who lack the necessary level of skill to do their jobs
- The project provides reading, writing, maths, and speaking and listening support for adults participating in existing workplace training or learning programs
Funding will be provided only for the literacy training component (not the existing program). You must explain why literacy training isn’t already provided, and why it should be funded by 26TEN.
- The project is a new idea that has been discussed with and approved by 26TEN.
What is eligible for funding?
- basic digital literacy training for employees with low reading, writing, or maths skills – Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level 3 and below
- development of training resources for use in your project
- improving workplace communication skills (including plain English)
- training for staff to equip them to work with low literacy employees or clients on an ongoing basis
- surveys, consultations, and research to determine the literacy needs of your employees
- training in learning skills.
What companies are eligible for funding?
- organisation or sole trader
- group of organisations or sole traders
- a private or not-for-profit organisation
- industry association or peak body
- Registered Training Organisation (in partnership with any of the above).
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Applications are assessed against eligibility criteria.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.