Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant
The aim of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine or cider producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is an opportunity for Australian wine producers to receive up to $100,000 annually (GST exclusive) on eligible, rebatable domestic cellar door sales.
- The aim of the program is to encourage tourism to Australia’s wine regions, therefore this grant is based on physical cellar door sales rather than online sales.
- Applications open July 1, 2020
- Applications close September 30, 2020
What is eligible for funding?
The program offers a grant payment of 29 per cent of the notional wholesale selling price, up to $100,000 per financial year.
What companies are eligible for funding Wine Cellar Door Grant?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- Be a wine producer
- Be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- Have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable wine the relevant financial year
- Accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- Have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- Have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- Have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Wine producers who meet the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be eligible.
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.