This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant
- Applications Open: until 30 September 2023
- Grants: up to $100,000
The aim of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine or cider producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is an opportunity for Australian wine producers to receive up to $100,000 annually (GST exclusive) on eligible, rebatable domestic cellar door sales.
When preparing the application, ensure that you have:
- read and understood the program guidelines
- met the eligibility criteria
- used the current application form
- provided correct financial details
- had an authorised person sign the form
- attached any required supporting documentation
- submitted the application by the deadline published on GrantConnect.
What is eligible for funding?
If applicants meet the eligibility criteria, they can apply for a grant payment for the notional wholesale selling price of their rebatable domestic cellar door sales, provided that:
- such sales are not already used to meet the eligibility threshold of $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in rebatable wine sales
- the transaction date for such sales was within the period for which the applicant (and/or their related entity(ies)) has owned or leased the physical cellar door
- at least 50 per cent of the rebatable domestic cellar door sales used in the grant application consist of sales from the physical cellar door (see examples below)
- none of their associated producers have already applied for the grant in the relevant financial year.
What companies are eligible for funding Wine Cellar Door Grant?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- Be a wine producer
- Be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- Have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable wine in the relevant financial year
- Accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- Have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- Have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- Have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year
Is this grant competitive or entitlement-based?
Entitlement. Wine producers who meet the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be eligible.
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.