WestInvest Community Project Grants – Local Government Allocation
WestInvest Community Project Grants – Local Government allocation will provide approximately $400 million in funding for community projects in 15 eligible LGAs in Western Sydney and is open to local councils.
- Applications Open: until 27 June, 2022
- Grants minimum of $250,000
There is no cap on the amount of funding that can be applied for as long as the project is of a transformational scale and meets the criteria of the WestInvest program.
What is eligible for funding?
Infrastructure projects must address one or more of the six focus areas:
- Green open spaces
- Community infrastructure
- School modernisation
- Arts and cultural facilities
- High street activation
- Local traffic programs
Drive transformational change at a local, LGA or regional scale and demonstrate community support.
By entering partnership arrangements, councils may jointly deliver projects to provide a benefit across multiple eligible LGAs.
Eligible projects can include a commercial opportunity where the revenue supports the ongoing operations and maintenance of the infrastructure. However, applicants must be able to show that the primary purpose of the infrastructure delivers transformational livability improvements for the people and communities of Western Sydney.
What companies are eligible for funding?
- Applicant Council is an eligible Council.
- Project is in one or more of the 15 eligible LGAs.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
Get the funding that your manufacturing business in Victoria needs with the help of our team.