This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
QLD Visitor First Experiences Fund
- Applications Open: until 23 April 2023
- Grants: up to $1 million
The program aims to bring forward the delivery of new and enhanced tourism-related projects.
The eligible applicant must:
- Submit an Expression Of Interest
- Meet the main assessment criteria:
- Risk and cost allocation (20% weighting)
- Economic value (40% weighting)
- Project readiness (40% weighting)
What is eligible for funding?
The eligible expenditure includes:
- New equipment and/or technology to enhance the tourism experience
- Costs relating to the recording of progress, e.g., photography, time-lapse video.
- Costs of construction-related labour (external contractors), materials, equipment hire
- Costs relating to the creation of an experience, including infrastructure development
- Capital construction costs (including all site works required as part of the construction)
- Project management costs (external contractors) for time directly related to managing the construction of approved works but excluding executive duties and overhead charges
- Value-adding to existing experiences with additional activities
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible an organisation must:
- Be registered for goods and services tax (GST).
- Have an Australian business number (ABN), an Australian company number (ACN) or exemption from these
- Be an established tourism business operating in Queensland (e.g., for-profit entity)
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.