This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
VIC Business Groups Flood Recovery Grants
- Applications open until: 31 October 2023
- Grants: of $20,000 and $50,000 are available
The grant program provides financial support to help businesses recover from the impact of the floods that occurred in Victoria in October 2022. Business groups that represent businesses affected by the floods are eligible to apply for funding to implement projects that address the local impact of the disaster. Multicultural and Aboriginal business groups in Victoria are particularly encouraged to apply for these grants.
Grants in the amounts of $20,000 and $50,000 (excluding GST) are available to business groups. To be eligible, the business group must represent businesses located in a local government area that has been declared under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement.
The goal of this grant program is to support the recovery and rebuilding of local businesses affected by the floods. The program aims to achieve this by promoting collaboration, providing education and information to small businesses, helping them rebuild their capabilities, and increasing the resilience of small business owners.
What is eligible for funding?
Projects and activities that align with the grant program objectives may include:
- Helping and enticing flood-affected firms to work together on commercial endeavors
- Local economic revival and reconstruction in flood-affected areas
- Assisting businesses hit by floods to develop capacity and resilience
- Business networking, resource sharing, and skill development
- Enhancing digital avenues to communicate with flood-affected members more effectively
- Assisting team members in adjusting to the operating environment after a flood
- Assistance for or promotion of Victorian business community affected by flooding
- Collaboration between corporate groups or tourism organizations
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for a grant under this program, a Business Group must:
- Represent a group of local government-area businesses in Victoria regarded as being qualified for aid under the Disaster Recovery Funding Agreement
- Be headquartered in Victoria or be a national organization’s Victorian chapter
- Be a member organization that operates primarily for the benefit of its members on a non-profit basis
- To possess a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Enrolled with the relevant federal or state regulator
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.