VFA Recreational Fishing Grants Program

VFA Recreational Fishing Grants Program

  • Applications open: This program is open on an ongoing basis until funds are fully allocated.
  • Grants: $5,000 – $50,000 (GST exclusive)

Victorian Fisheries Authority (VFA) Recreational Fishing Grants' Intermediate Grants Program provides not-for-profit community groups, angling clubs and associations with grants to fund projects that will improve public recreational fishing in Victoria.

Key Requirements

  • Each eligible project must provide benefit to public recreational fishing in Victoria.
  • Proposals that provide co-funding or in-kind financial contributions towards the overall cost of the project are preferred.
  • Grants offer only to community groups, committees of management, incorporated angling clubs and associations. (Grants is not available to individuals.)
  • Funding is limited to the projects selected by VFA.
  • All funded projects must be completed within 12 months. Only 90% of the grant funding will be allocated for a project initially. The  remaining 10% of the funding will be provides on satisfactory completion of project timely.

What is eligible for funding?

Eligible projects which are likely to be funded include:

  • reef establishment (estuarine, lakes)
  • installation of instream habitat (woody, boulders, lunkers)
  • infrastructure and access projects (minor boat ramps or kayak launches/landings, access paths, jetties, platforms)
  • riparian work (fencing, planting, stiles)
  • research (stock assessment of a local waterway, electrofishing)
  • fish cleaning tables

What companies are eligible for funding?

The eligible applicants include:

  • community groups
  • committees of management
  • incorporated angling clubs and associations

Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?

Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.

How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?

By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.

Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.

As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.

Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project

  • Industry analysis presentation
  • Competitor Analysis Presentation
  • Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
  • 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
  • 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
  • Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
  • End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
  • CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
  • Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
  • Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application

How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?

Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.