TAS Advanced Manufacturing Tender Incentive Program
A total funding pool of $300,000 is available in 2022-23. Applications will be assessed in the order that they are received, and the round will remain open until allocated funding is exhausted.
Different levels of financial assistance are available, depending on the value of the procurement, with a maximum grant of $40,000 available.
- Tier 1: Procurement value $3,000,000 – $10,000,000 – maximum grant $20,000
- Tier 2: Procurement value over $ 10,000,000 – maximum grant $40,000
- Major strategic projects may be eligible for additional grant assistance on demonstration of industry and state
The program provides grants of up to a 50 per cent contribution towards the cost of professional services to support the development of tenders for specialist procurements, subject to the applicant contributing at least 50 per cent of the project costs.
The Advanced Manufacturing Tender Incentive Program aims to support Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprises to seek specialist bid and tender writing consultants to support the preparation of defence and other specialist tenders.
The program is open to Tasmanian based advanced manufacturing enterprises with an annual sales turnover greater than $300,000 and less than $50 million. Eligible projects engagement of consultant services to support tender preparation including submission development, third party testing and reviews. To be eligible, project expenditure cannot be retrospective and cannot include costs such as industry specific compliance requirements and certifications.
What is eligible for funding?
The program provides a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent of approved project costs up to a maximum of $40, 000. Eligible project expenditure cannot be retrospective.
Examples of eligible expenditures include the following:
- Engagement of consultant services to assist with developing a submission to an Approach to Market notice for defence or other specialist procurement.
- Engagement of consultant services for third-party testing, products, or services to confirm they meet Approach to Market notice documentation and specifications.
- Engagement of consultant services for a third-party review of submissions to an Approach to Market notice to ensure the submission is compliant and fit for purpose.
- Tier 2 only: Dedicated internal procurement project management wages and salaries – up to 25 per cent of grant value if appropriately demonstrated within the application and acquittal
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for financial assistance from the program the applicant:
- must be able to demonstrate that they are a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprise, or relevant industry group representative supporting Tasmanian advanced manufacturing enterprises in the defence or other specialist industry
- must have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST
- cannot receive in excess of $40 000 per financial year under this Program, unless a strategic project demonstrated to be of industry and state benefit,
- must have annual sales turnover greater than $300 000 (indicatively) and less than $50 million
- must not be a consultant or intermediary; and
- must not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.