This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Small Scale and Craft Program: Stream 1
The Small-Scale and Craft Program (Program) is a four-year program that builds on targeting businesses looking to scale-up operations, diversify product lines, expand exports and create new jobs. Stream One – Small-Scale and Craft Business Development: Grants funding for projects that support businesses to scale up/expand their operations and diversify their products.
- Applications Open: until 31 July, 2022
- Grants: up to $15,000
What is eligible for funding?
Grant funding may be used for the following types of projects:
- New equipment or small-scale infrastructure (including signage)
- Technology adoption (excluding training and ongoing maintenance and service support costs)
- Expansion of the agribusiness into new markets, including market development strategies and export support
- Product diversification
- Development and updating of farmgate outlets or sites for tourism (all permits must be submitted as evidence prior to grant payments).
Other eligible expenditure will be accepted on a per-case basis. Projects must be completed within five months of the executed Grant Agreement.
What companies are eligible for funding?
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Have a current Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be registered as a business in Victoria
- Be a legal entity
- Operate a small agribusiness within the small-scale and craft sector i.e. cannot be a subsidiary of a larger firm
- Agree to participate in future Program evaluation activities
- Meet all workplace and employment obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards and the rights and obligations under applicable industrial awards
- Be able to meet the agreed (minimum 50 percent) private cash contribution requirement
- Attest to having obtained all relevant regulatory permits and approvals for the project to commence (where applicable)
- Provide relevant business information on the project, including cost
For the purpose of these guidelines, Agriculture Victoria’s definition of a small-scale and craft agribusiness is:
The production of high-value produce or premium food on a small scale or by specialised techniques, and with a clearly identified provenance creating a connection between the consumer and producer that allows customers to experience the authenticity and story of the product, in a way that provides direct value to both the producer and the consumer
The following cannot apply:
- Individuals and businesses operating in the wine or distilling sector are excluded
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.