This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Regional Tourism Investment Fund
The RTIF – Competitive Round will drive the recovery and sustainability of regional Victoria's visitor economy by catalysing private and public investment and facilitating new and innovative tourism infrastructure projects.
- Applications Open: Now
- Grants between $150,000 to $10 million per project
- Applicants are required to meet the specific funding ratios and co-contributions
- In-kind contributions will not be considered as part of the funding co-contribution, however any such in-kind contribution will be taken into account during the assessment process.
Funding co-contributions must be from sources other than the Victorian Government (including other Victorian Government departments or agencies) in order to satisfy the required funding ratio. Projects that have received or will receive Victorian Government funding from other sources outside this Fund may apply, however any such funding will be considered as part of funding assessment criteria.
What is eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding under the RTIF – Competitive Round, a project must be:
- New tourism infrastructure and/ or significant enhancements that build on existing infrastructure; or
- Enabling infrastructure that directly and demonstrably unlocks private tourism investment.
All projects funded under the RTIF – Competitive Round:
- Should demonstrate strategic investment or support visitation outcomes in one or more of the following VERRP priority experience pillars:
- Arts and Culture; and/ or
- First Peoples’ led experiences.
What companies are eligible for funding?
Applicants must be one of the following types of entities to apply:
- Private sector proponents (defined as an individual, privately-owned or commercial
organisation that has overall control and responsibility for project that is predominantly
funded through private capital);
- Local and State Government entities, including:
- Public Land Managers, Land Management Authorities and Committees of Management
- Local Government Authorities
- Alpine Resort Management Boards
- State or Local Government owned entities;
- Incorporated associations;
- Not-for-profit organisations, including community groups that are an incorporated body, cooperative or association; or
- Traditional Owner Corporations, organisations and groups, and Aboriginal-owned businesses.
In addition, to be eligible for funding applicants must:
- Be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations);
- Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- Be financially solvent.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.