This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
QLD Business Boost Grants Program
- Registration of interest (ROI) is open until 12 September 2023
- Grants: between $10,000 and $20,000
Administered by the Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training (DYJESBT), the Business Boost Grant offers financial support to small businesses in Queensland, aimed at facilitating enhancements in their operational efficiency and overall productivity.
- Stage 1: Registration of Interest (ROI)
- To streamline administrative procedures, businesses are required to complete a Registration of Interest (ROI). This online form gathers critical business information to verify eligibility, with each business permitted to submit only one ROI.
- Stage 2: Full Application
- Should your Stage 1 ROI application be approved, you will receive an invitation to proceed with a full application. Stage 2 is scheduled to commence on Wednesday, 20th September 2023, at 9 a.m.
- Final Stage: Registered Accountant’s Letter
This program encompasses funded initiatives in three project categories:
- Future planning
- Specialised and automated software
- Planning and systems for staff management and development
Applicants who are approved for funding are required to make an equitable co-contribution towards the overall project expenses.
Grant disbursements are made within 12 months following project completion and are contingent upon meeting the stipulated acquittal requirements.
What is eligible for funding?
DYJESBT will provide funding for eligible project activities aligned with the three priority areas. It’s important to note that the list of eligible activities is not exhaustive, as similar project initiatives may also be considered.
|1. Future planning
|You commission a comprehensive, evidence-led business plan to evaluate strategies to diversify your business. This may include venturing into new markets through exporting, all with the objective of optimising returns, expanding your operational footprint, and bolstering business resilience.
|2. Specialised and automated software
Designing and implementing advanced cloud platforms, online management systems, and applications, which may include:
|You aim to deploy an AI chatbot to improve customer engagement, streamline operations, and offer round-the-clock support.
|3. Planning and systems for staff management and development
|Your business is undergoing growth, yet it encounters difficulties in recruiting personnel, developing the capabilities of new employees, and effectively overseeing an expanding workforce. To bolster your business’s confidence and proficiency, you initiate a six-month human resources training program.
What companies are eligible for funding?
To qualify for the grant, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Employ between 2 and 19 individuals based on headcount.
- Possess an active Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Maintain a Queensland-based headquarters.
- Demonstrate a minimum turnover of $300,000 during the last financial year (2022-23).
- Maintain a publicly accessible online presence that facilitates the identification of their business operations.
- Not have received approval for funding in the preceding Rounds 1 or 2 of the Business Boost grant program.
- Be free of insolvency issues and have owners/directors who are not undischarged bankrupt individuals.
Businesses must uphold these eligibility criteria throughout the duration of the grant-funded activity.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement-based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable, and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis, and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder Relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.