This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Moon to Mars Supply Chain Capability Improvement Grants
Grants for Australian businesses to build capacity to deliver products and services into domestic and/or international space industry supply chains that could support Moon to Mars activities. The aim of the program is to grow Australia’s industry capability and capacity to support NASA’s Moon and Mars endeavours, as well as grow skills and capacity within the Australian space industry.
• Applications open: 27 August 2020
• Applications close: 30 April 2023
• Grants between $250,000-$1 million, up to 75% of project expenditure
What is eligible for funding?
For your project to be eligible it must:
- Be aimed at accessing an identified domestic and/or international supply chain opportunity that has the ability to support Moon to Mars activities
- Align with priorities in the Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-28
- Have a total cost of at least $333,334 in eligible expenditure (to receive a minimum grant amount of $250,000)
Eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Buying, leasing, constructing, installing or commissioning capital equipment, including specialist software to enhance cyber security design to required levels
- Non-recurring engineering associated with improving or qualifying a product, process or service to reach the standard of a supplier for a domestic and/or international space company
- Non-recurring engineering associated with improving or qualifying a product, process or service from an adjacent industry to support the space industry building organisational capability or capacity to support engagement in international supply chains
- Engineering and commissioning activities
- Workforce training and accreditations
What companies are eligible for funding?
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- be an entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation, where your trading activities form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
• Industry analysis presentation
• Competitor Analysis Presentation
• Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
• 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
• 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
• Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
• End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
• CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
• Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
• Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.