TAS Advanced Manufacturing Quality Assurance Program
- Applications open until: 30 June 2024
- Grants up to: $20,000
The Advanced Manufacturing Quality Assurance Program provides funding for Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturers to achieve quality assurance accreditations that will help to retain or expand their customers or markets.
Assessment is based on the quality of the information provided by the applicant at the time of submission against the assessment criteria. All applications are subject to a merit process based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration that the applicant is a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturer or has the potential to become a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturer with the proposed project.
- Demonstration of why the proposed project is required.
- Demonstration that the proposed project will either:
- secure new customers, or
- secure new markets.
- Demonstration of projected outcomes.
- Demonstration of project planning and project costs.
What is eligible for funding?
Eligible projects include market or industry specific accreditation such as ISO9001 and HACCP and similar accreditations across other sectors. The program provides a reimbursement of up to 50 per cent of approved project costs up to a maximum of $20,000. Eligible project expenditure cannot be retrospective.
Examples of eligible expenditure include:
- Market or industry specific accreditation
- ISO9001 – Quality Management System
- HACCP – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
- ISO22000 – Food Safety Management
- ISO3834 – Fusion Welding of Metallic Materials
- ISO27001 – Information Security
- ISO13485 – Medical Devices
- ISO14001 – Environmental Management Systems
- Defence Industry Security Program (DISP)
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible for financial assistance from the program the applicant:
- must be able to demonstrate that they are a Tasmanian-based advanced manufacturing enterprise or relevant industry group supporting Tasmanian advanced manufacturing enterprises
- must have an Australian Business Number and be registered for GST
- cannot receive more than $20,000 per financial year under this program
- cannot be eligible for funding from any other grant source for quality assurance programs
- must have annual sales turnover greater than $175,000 (indicatively) and less than $50 million
- must not be a consultant or intermediary, and
- must not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.