This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Low Carbon Manufacturing Grant Program – Business Readiness Stream
- Applications Open: until 28 February, 2023
- Grants: $1 million – $5 million
Grants of up to $50,000 are available. All grants must be matched by a minimum cash co-contribution of $1 for every $1 granted.
The Low Carbon Manufacturing Grant Program – Business Readiness Stream (the program) assists small to medium size Victorian manufacturers to access business services, advice, or expertise in order to participate in low carbon and renewable energy supply chains. Funding could support technology adoption, the commercialisation or late-stage research and development of products for local and global supply chains in response to emerging market opportunities in the transition to a low carbon economy.
Applicants must undertake the following steps to apply:
- carefully read these program guidelines
- compile all necessary supporting documents as detailed in the program guidelines and application form.
- submit an application online at the Business Victoria programs webpage
- await email confirmation of application submission.
Applicants will be required to provide as part of their application a project plan which includes the following:
- project description
- if engaging a business service provider:
- a description of the services to be provided
- a timeline
- a final quotation for services to be provided
- schedule of expenditure
- any project risks and mitigation strategies
- budget summary (detailing how grant funds and the applicant’s contribution will be spent on eligible project expenditure, as GST exclusive)
What is eligible for funding?
Projects should respond to emerging market opportunities associated with the transition to a low carbon economy, specifically translatable to new or scaled manufacturing opportunities for the business.
Funding may support but not be limited to:
- commercialisation of new products and components
- market research into local and global supply chains
- capability training for skills transition and uplift
- business case development for major investment or business diversification
- process innovation for low carbon manufacturing.
Eligible project expenditure for funding includes project related non-capital expenditure required to deliver the project and project-related costs of the business service providers. Applicants will need to meet the cost of any additional and ineligible expenditure that are outside the scope of the Project.
Eligible project expenditure must:
- be incurred by the grant recipient within 12 months of execution of the grant agreement
- be a direct cost of the project
- be exclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST).
What companies are eligible for funding?
The program is open to small to medium sized manufacturers with an existing manufacturing presence in Victoria who are on a growth trajectory and require support to access business services, advice, or expertise to capitalise on emerging market opportunities associated with the low carbon economy.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program:
- be an eligible legal entity; and
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- be an employing business registered for WorkCover insurance with WorkSafe Victoria; and
- agree to meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure
- be currently engaged in manufacturing or the manufacturing supply chain or demonstrate a genuine commercial connection to the manufacturing supply chain in Victoria.
- attest that they:
- agree to conduct the proposed activities in Victoria
- have met all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards; and
- will participate in future program evaluation activity; and
- will not procure services from a business services provider with the same parent company, shared governance, or have common directors.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.