This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
SA Industry Leaders Fund Inc
- Applications Open: until 31 May 2023
- Grants: up to $50,000
The program seeks to support those with industry leadership potential and aspirations to achieve their aims sooner than would otherwise be possible.
The eligible applicant must meet the main criteria include:
- Work in a capitalist industry as defined by the ILF.
- Believe in the importance of successful SA companies.
- Have the potential to be a leader, held leadership positions or demonstrated leadership capacity.
- Aim to meet or beat the world’s best practices.
- Live in SA and have a commitment to SA.
- Contribute to the community outside their workplace or private (family) life.
- Believe in the importance of successful SA industries.
- Want to contribute to the prosperity and growth of South Australia.
- Believe in leadership renewal and generational change.
- Have the potential to be a vibrant and capable person.
- Are willing to share any ILF supported learning with other industry leaders, including competitors.
- Will support the ILF Scholar Network upon confirmation of a grant.
- Intend to remain in the workforce.
- Have the support of their employer for the time necessary to undertake their proposed course or self-improvement opportunity.
- Confirmed as far as possible with the organisation that offers the course or self-improvement opportunity they have selected, that they are eligible to be enrolled (without actually enrolling in the course).
- Have access to a minimum of 20% or more of the expected cost of their course or self-improvement opportunity.
- Intend to enrol for the course for which they are seeking a grant after they know the outcome of their application.
- Considered how they might fund attendance at subsequent years (if any) of their chosen course or self-improvement opportunity.
What is eligible for funding?
The eligible expenditure include:
- Fund training that might otherwise not be accessible to the applicant
- Payment of applicant’s studies or opportunity to obtain experience that will pave the way for them to achieve their leadership capacity and ambition quickly.
What companies are eligible for funding?
The eligible applicants include individuals who:
- Are Australian citizens and those who are residents of South Australia.
- Work in the wealth creating industry, including but not limited to:
- Wine makers
- Food processors
- Export oriented web designers
- Defence equipment suppliers
- IT software development houses
- Medical technology
- Can demonstrate:
- Interest in sharing the benefit of their talents, knowledge and achievements with the industry in which they work and the community in which they live.
- Leadership potential, interest and abilities through a history of roles at work and/or in the broader community.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.