Horticultural Netting Program
- Applications Open: until 1 December, 2026
- Grants: $25,000 – $300,000
The Horticultural Netting Program — Trial Expansion from the Australian Government intends to help offset the cost of installing and acquiring horticultural netting to minimise the unfavourable impacts of animal predation and weather on commercial horticulture crops as well increase crop productivity for primary producers.
- To apply for a grant, complete and submit an application form along with supporting information through the QRIDA online portal.
- Submitted applications must be accompanied by:
- invoices or quotes associated with the costs of new permanent netting infrastructure which reflect current market prices;
- evidence of payment for the tax invoice(s) i.e, an official receipt(s) from the provider or a copy of the applicant’s bank transfer(s) or bank statement(s);
- any additional documents stated in the application form.
- The program will close to applications on 30 April 2024 or when available funds have been allocated.
What is eligible for funding?
- The purchase cost of permanent protective netting, throw-over netting and associated infrastructure such as poles;
- Costs associated with engaging contractors to install the permanent protective netting and associated infrastructure; and
- Costs directly associated with engaging contractors to conduct preparatory activities directly necessary for the installation of permanent protective netting.
What companies are eligible for funding?
You must be a primary producer and:
- protective netting must be purchased and installed after 16 December 2019 for apple and pear crops and after 14 December 2021 for all other horticultural crops
- the land on which netting is to be installed must have an established use of horticultural production prior to 16 December 2019 for apple and pear crops, and prior to 14 December 2021 for all other horticultural crops
- protective netting must be purchased and installed to increase horticultural productivity, by reducing the impacts of adverse weather events or animal predation, and to reduce water usage.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Entitlement. Applications are assessed against eligibility criteria.
How can Avant Group help?
When you’re a business owner, you may not have time to work through the red tape and audits required to apply for government grants.
Avant Group is your partner for grant success! We take all the hassle out of the entire grant application process from working through the red tape, writing the application and managing audit and reporting requirements – so you can focus on running your business.
Success Only Fees
Avant Group works on a Success Only Fee basis.
We also offer:
- All AusIndustry auditing management included at no additional cost
- Hands on technical project management covering application writing and administration aspects
- A highly skilled advisory team with consultants from engineering, marketing and finance disciplines
- Government accreditation
- A dedicated account manager who will work with you every step of the way with your grant application
Want to know more? Contact us for an obligation-free assessment of your eligibility.