Export Market Development Grant
If your business is eligible you could receive between $40,000-$150,000 annually, up to a maximum of eight grants depending on where you’re at in your export journey. Company groups can receive up to $250,000.
In order to submit an application, you must have at least $AU15,000 in expenses and the grant will be calculated at 50% of your total eligible expenses, net of the first $5,000. For example, if your eligible expenses are $35,000, your EMDG will be $15,000 in cash.
The Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) is open to Australian manufacturers and service providers, which are exporting or planning to export their products and services into international markets.
The scheme reimburses businesses for a range of promotional expenses.
- At least $AU15,000 in expenses
- Exporting or planning to export
- Applications Open: July 1st
- Applications Close: November 30th
What is eligible for funding?
Several activities can be claimed as part of this program. You may claim for expenditure on a cash basis for specific export promotional activities undertaken during the financial year before the application period. Expenses you can claim include:
- Overseas representation
- Marketing consultants
- Marketing visits
- Free samples
- Trade fairs, seminars, in-store promotions
- Promotional literature and advertising
- Overseas buyers
- Registration and/or insurance of eligible intellectual property
What companies are eligible for funding?
In order to apply you must be exporting into international markets. Businesses must also:
- Have an annual turnover of less than $50 million
- Be the principal (rather than the agent) in the export products (goods, services, intellectual property etc.)
- Promote products to residents of other countries
Key Dates for EMDG
If you are claiming for the first time: expenses for the last two financial years are eligible.
If you are claiming for the second time or more: expenses incurred over the previous financial year are eligible.
EMDG Applications Open: July 1st each year
EMDG Applications Close: November 30th each year. Extended lodgement is available.
How can Avant Group help?
When you’re a business owner, you may not have time to work through the red tape and audits required to apply for government grants.
Avant Group is your partner for grant success! We take all the hassle out of the entire grant application process, including writing the application and managing audit and reporting requirements, so you can focus on running your business.
Success Only Fees
Avant Group works on a Success Only Fee basis for EMDG applications, which includes the entire application and audit process.
We also offer:
- All Austrade auditing management included at no additional cost
- Hands on file handling and preparation covering application writing and administration aspects
- A highly skilled advisory team with consultants from engineering, marketing and finance disciplines
- Government accreditation
- A dedicated account manager who will work with you every step of the way with your grant application
Want to know more? Contact us for an obligation-free assessment of your EMDG eligibility.