This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Emerging Aviation Technology Partnerships (EATP) Program
- Application opens: 15 May 2023
- Grants: up to $2,000,000
The EATP Program encourages the use of developing aviation technologies such as innovative propulsion systems, drones, and electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft to meet the requirements of communities around Australia, particularly in outlying areas. The Program's goal is to increase aviation employment possibilities, improve supply chain and market efficiency, and build linkages with regional, rural, and Indigenous communities.
Furthermore, through using cutting-edge technologies, the programme assists Australian firms in their digital transition, improves operational effectiveness, and reduces carbon emissions.
The Department collaborated with industry in Round One of the Program to evaluate developing aviation technologies through pilot projects in five emphasis areas. These target areas have been altered for Round Two of the Program to emphasise removing regulatory impediments and the deployment of renewable, sustainable, low-emission propulsion solutions in emerging aviation technology. The five focus areas for Round Two are:
- Increasing production in new aircraft technology;
- Digital agriculture;
- Regional supply chains and connectivity;
- Improving outcomes for Indigenous populations in regional and distant areas;
- Removing regulatory impediments.
Who are eligible for funding?
Funding from the Program will be used:
- flexibly to support a variety of activities that contribute to project delivery, including direct payments to industry partners and, where agreed upon between the government and industry partners, the provision of a variety of other funding for procurement-related activities to support project delivery.
What companies are eligible for funding?
Individuals, partnerships, and incorporated organisations may apply for this grant if they have an Australian Business Number and are registered for the Goods and Services Tax. This may include a foreign corporation that can demonstrate how funding will benefit Australia’s emerging aviation sector as well as local businesses and communities, or a joint (consortia) application with an eligible lead organisation in collaboration with (for example) a foreign corporation, or a local government or state/territory government agency or body.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.