This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Collie Futures Industry Development Fund
Funding up to a maximum of $2 million will be made available for activities to support the commercialisation and implementation of identified substantial business opportunities.
The Collie Futures Industry Development Fund provides matched funding for significant industry-led business proposals to develop the regional economy, expand industries and create job opportunities.
To be eligible for consideration, an application must:
- clearly demonstrate alignment of the proposal outcomes with the above objectives of the Collie Futures Fund;
- clearly demonstrate impact on the regional economy within a journey-to-work zone of up to 50 kilometres from the Collie townsite;
- include a summary project plan, including high-level project outcomes and deliverables, a timeline, details of the project budget, resources, risks, statutory approval requirements, stakeholder engagement and evaluation (note funded activities must be completed within 2 years of the funding agreement being signed);
- be seeking up to a maximum of $2 million Collie Futures Fund funding and include a funding contribution from the applicant (all Collie Futures Fund funding must be matched by a minimum, secured cash co-contribution1 of $1 for every $1 funded); and
- be made by a valid legal entity that can enter into a funding agreement with the Western Australian Government.
What is eligible for funding?
Support will be provided for activities which develop new industries or expand existing industries and increase productivity and employment opportunities in the Collie region.
Support will be flexible and tailored to specific project proposals and may include, for example:
- Support for development and commercialisation of new industry and business opportunities, including demonstration or pilot plants.
- Support for integration of new technology to improve the productivity of existing businesses or enable development of new business streams.
- Support for specific infrastructure, plant or equipment that supports development of new businesses or improves innovation and productivity of existing businesses.
- Support to develop common-user infrastructure to address local infrastructure challenges that impact on industry productivity or expansion, for example water, energy or transport infrastructure.
The anticipated outcomes of the program are a significant increase in the:
- number and diversity of job opportunities;
- productivity of business and industries; and
- scale and diversity of the economic base.
What companies are eligible for funding?
Businesses in the Collie region of WA.
Applications will be primarily considered from private sector businesses, including small to medium-sized businesses. However, applications will also be considered from local government authorities, business and industry groups (such as industry peak bodies and business associations), not-for-profit organisations and community groups with a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN).
The fund will focus on the following sectors where the Collie region has strengths and growth prospects, as identified in existing regional plans and industry strategies:
- Aged and health care;
- Coal-related industries;
- Forest products;
- Manufacturing and professional services;
- Mineral processing; and/or
However, consideration will also be given to new and emerging industries if the applicant can demonstrate the Collie region is a prospective location for the industry.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.