Breakthrough Victoria Fund – Foundational Technology & Platform Projects Stream
The Breakthrough Victoria Fund - Foundational Technology & Platform Projects investment stream will invest in enabling technologies, research platforms and infrastructure with cross-sector application to provide a springboard for start-ups and scale-ups in emerging industries.
- Applications Open: Now
- Grants typically up to $25 million per project
What is eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding under the Breakthrough Victoria Fund – Foundational Technology & Platform Projects Investment Stream, a project must:
- Support potentially novel or unique innovative solutions to a substantial societal or economic challenge with an identified market need.
- Respond to a need identified by multiple stakeholders (industry led) with the potential to generate discoveries or translation activities capable of commercialisation.
- Mobilise intellectual property (IP) and support the scale-up of discoveries.
- Demonstrate collaboration and shared open access by multiple stakeholder groups.
- Uplift or create Victorian capability in identified key sectors or that play to existing strengths in the state.
- Demonstrate open access usage process and reporting capability
Projects should also:
- Have cross-sectoral application.
- Include industry partnerships.
- Leverage existing investment or have the potential to attract further co-investment.
- Demonstrate or outline a viable plan for future funding to reach financial sustainability
What companies are eligible for funding?
Applicants must be one of the following types of entities to apply:
- Research organisations, including universities and research institutes.
- Companies of any size, at the pre-revenue or revenue stage.
- Joint ventures, consortia, special purpose vehicles, comprised of either industry or research organisations, or a combination.
- Situated in Victoria or willing to relocate to Victoria.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.