- Applications open: This program is open on an ongoing basis.
- Grants: $500,000-$30million
The program focuses on investing and supporting the commercialisation and development of early-stage biomedical discoveries.
To be eligible the main assessment criteria must meet includes:
- What is required to demonstrate proof-of-concept or reach the next key milestones for the technology.
- The key personnel and management.
- Whether the technology represents world class technology or science
- The strength of the intellectual property position.
- Market size and need within the market.
- The competitive edge of the technology.
- Commercialisation path, likely exit and potential value at exit.
What is eligible for funding?
To be eligible your activities include:
- opportunities covering the full spectrum of biomedical development, from proof-of-concept opportunities to late-stage technologies.
- Infrastructure / Equipment
- Innovation and R&D
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible you must be Australian and New Zealand life science companies.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive.Your application will be assessed among other applications by judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.