Backing QLD Business Investment Fund
- Applications open: This program is open on an ongoing basis, subject to funds availability.
- Grants: between $2.5 million – $10 million
The Business Investment Fund (BIF) will invest in creative Queensland small and medium-sized businesses to help them grow, providing profits for investors, creating new employment, and ensuring Queensland's economic future.
The eligible business will need to provide:
- Revenue over the past 12 months
- Overview of your business and innovative product/service
- Investment sum (between $2.5m and $10m)
- How you will use the equity funds.
- Number of employees (Queensland-based and total employees)
What is eligible for funding?
To be eligible for funding, QIC is targeting businesses that:
- Create Queensland-based jobs
- Have well-established and reputable owners who are committed to growing the business from and in Queensland.
- Are seeking capital to expand or restructure operations, enter new markets or finance the significant acquisition
- Are beyond proof of concept and are generally profitable or approaching profitability
- Have a proven product and an established market presence with significant growth potential
What companies are eligible for funding?
The eligible applicants include Queensland businesses:
- With a proven product/offering and an established market presence.
- With significant growth potential and job creation opportunities.
- That are approaching profitability over the investment period.
- With a current or planned Queensland-based presence (i.e. Queensland-based FTE).
- Seeking investment of between $2.5 to $10 million.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.