This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Australian Airline Financial Relief Package
The Australian Airline Financial Relief Package will support the Australian airline industry for the next six months by refunding and waiving a number of government charges on the industry.
Charges that can be funded include the aviation fuel exercise, Airservices Australia charges on domestic airline operations and domestic and regional aviation security charges.
- Program will run between 1 April 2020 and September 30 2020
- Applicable charges applying to flights between 1 February 2020 and 30 September 2020 are eligible for consideration in accordance with the eligibility criteria and related information set out in the grant opportunity guidelines
- Applicants must have an Air Operator’s Certificate
What is eligible for funding?
Grant payments can be used for:
– offsetting fuel excercise
– offsetting the costs of security screening activity
– offsetting any increased operation costs from the enhanced security screening measures scheduled to be introduced in 2020
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the purposes of GST
- have an account with an Australian financial institution
- be one of the following entity types:
a company incorporated in Australia
a company incorporated by guarantee
an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
a joint application
a registered charity or not-for-profit organisation
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Corporation registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006.
- You must have an Air Operator’s Certificate (AOC) authorising services and provide a copy of this with your application
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Both. Your application is predominately based on your eligibility, however the budget is limited so applications will be assessed against others.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
• Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
• Industry analysis presentation
• Competitor Analysis Presentation
• Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
• 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
• 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
• Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
• End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
• CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
• Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
• Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application