Adelaide Film Festival Investment Fund
- Applications Open: This program is open on an ongoing basis.
- Grants: $50,000 – $130,000
Adelaide Film Festival Investment Fund aims to support projects that have creative, cultural, and economic benefits for South Australia.
Creative: Projects should exhibit a daring and original approach to storytelling, employ impactful visual elements, and boast a talented and imaginative creative crew.
Cultural: Projects are required to showcase the immediate and enduring advantages for the South Australian film industry as well as the wider community.
Economic: Projects are expected to exhibit quantifiable economic development results for South Australia, such as direct and indirect expenditure within the state, the hiring of local cast, crew, and companies, and the potential for a direct financial return on equity investment.
What projects are eligible for funding?
- Must be an Australian feature film or creative documentary with theatrical and/or broadcast potential to have its World Premiere.
- Must develop a comprehensive financial plan that will be used to recommend the project to the Board, along with the creative component.
- Must demonstrate that you have secured financing from recognized market sources and that the financing will be completed for delivery.
- Be a short film made by South Australians and have its debut at the upcoming Adelaide Film Festival.
- Furnish a comprehensive financial plan that together with the creative aspect of the project, is fully developed.
- Be completely funded no later than three months prior to the Adelaide Film Festival or at a later time as negotiated.
- Be fully produced in South Australia.
- Utilize South Australian crew and facilities whenever feasible and suitable.
Hybrid Reality/Digital Projects
- Be a project that combines both digital and reality elements and is launched at the next Adelaide Film Festival.
- Provide a finance plan that is fully developed and that will be used in conjunction with the creative aspect of the project.
- The financing must either be fully secured no later than three months prior to the AFFIF or arranged through negotiation at a later date.
What companies are eligible for funding?
The eligible applicants must:
- Hold the appropriate rights to the work where possible and appropriate.
- Not be in default of any contractual arrangements to the South Australian Government, including the South Australian Film Corporation (SAFC).
- Be residents of Australia and/or Australian citizens.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
It is a competitive grant. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis, and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable, and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis, and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder Relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.