This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
Access Asia Business Grant
The Access Asia Business Grants program (AABG) is an initiative of the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation (the Department) to support Western Australian (WA) owned and/or operated small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and organisations advance their international business efforts in Asian markets.
- Applications Open: Now
- Grants up to $25,000
- Net co-investment basis at a rate of no less than 20% (applicant) to 80% (WA Government) funding
- All coinvestment items may be subject to an independent audit
- Projects must be completed within 6 months of a fully executed Financial Assistance Agreement
What is eligible for funding?
- Support business growth into Asia
- Align with the objectives of the Asian Engagement Strategy to:
- Increase trade, exports and investment opportunities
- Generate strategic economic benefit for the WA economy
- Contribute towards the diversification of the WA economy
- Contribute towards an increase in jobs for Western Australians
- Include an estimated project budget and milestone timeline
- Declare any funding from federal or other state government agencies for the same project/initiative
What companies are eligible for funding?
Applicants must meet all the following criteria to be eligible for assistance under the program. However, this does not automatically entitle applicants to assistance as the grants program is highly competitive and limited grants are available:
- Be a solvent legal entity in possession of a valid certificate of incorporation, current Australian Business Number (ABN) and/or Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Be an incorporated entity, company, partnership, trust, not-for-profit group or organisation registered and with operations in WA for at least 24 months
- Demonstrate a net economic benefit to the State
- Be either a SME that employs fewer than 200 people or a business organisation or industry association (for example business council) that is a legally constituted not-for-profit organisation recognised by the department.
- Applications for funding will be considered ineligible if the proposed project is also receiving funding through the Department’s Event Sponsorship Program and/or Investment Attraction Fund.
In addition, to be eligible for funding applications must:
- Have evidence of a net co-investment of matched funds at a rate no less than 20:80 of applicant (20%) to WA Government (80%) funding. It must not include in-kind support.
- Ensure service provider(s) such as consultants are an independent third party
- Ensure eligible expenditure is incurred on or after the date the Financial Assistance Agreement is executed and expended according to the project completion timeframes.
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
This fund was extremely popular in the last round so talk to an Avant Group Advisor today to assess eligibility and register your interest.