This grant has expired.
This grant has expired and is no longer available. However, please contact Avant Group in case there are alternative grants available or to be informed if this grant will reopen.
WestInvest Program – Community Project Grants
WestInvest Community Project Grants – Competitive Round will provide approximately $1.6 billion in funding for community projects in 15 eligible LGAs in Western Sydney and is open to local councils, non-government organisations, charitable organisations, community groups and other organisations.
- Registration of Interest Open: 31 March 2022
- Registration of Interest Close: 21 April 2022
- Applications Open: until 27 June 2022
- Grants minimum of $250,000
There is no cap on the amount of funding that can be applied for as long as the project is of a transformational scale and meets the criteria of the WestInvest program.
If you did not submit an ROI, you will not be able to access or submit an application form under this program.
What is eligible for funding?
Infrastructure projects must address one or more of the six focus areas, drive transformational change at a local, LGA or regional scale and demonstrate community support. Projects must be located in one or more eligible LGA and may provide a benefit across multiple eligible LGAs.
Partnerships between applicants to deliver regional infrastructure (e.g. parks, cycleways) across one or more LGA boundary are encouraged. Eligible projects can include a commercial opportunity where the revenue supports the ongoing operations and maintenance of the infrastructure.
However, applicants must be able to show that the primary purpose of the infrastructure delivers transformational livability improvements for the people and communities of Western Sydney
What companies are eligible for funding?
Eligible applicants must be non-government entities, not-for-profit and a legal entity. This will include:
- Local councils
- Non-government organisations, charitable organisations or community groups including:
- Not for profit groups incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
- Organisations incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (NSW) or equivalent legislation in other Australian jurisdictions or another Act.
- Not for profit organisations established under another Act including:
- Local Aboriginal Land Councils
- Public universities
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. Your application will be assessed among other applications by a judging panel.
How can I increase my chances of winning this grant?
By engaging an accredited government grants consultant, such as Avant Group.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
How can I get help with my application? Or know if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
Get the funding that your manufacturing business in Victoria needs with the help of our team.