SA Export Accelerator Program
There are three key funding areas businesses can apply for, with each area offering from $5,000-$30,000 of matched funding, depending on the grant applied for.
Emerging Exporter Grant – $5,000
This grant is available to South Australian businesses that are exporting for the first time.
New Market Entry – up to $15,000
Up to $15,000 for South Australian businesses looking to enter new export markets.
Export Accelerator – up to $30,000
This grant is to help fund a South Australian businesses’ expansion that will create multiple, ongoing jobs.
The South Australian Export Accelerator is a grant designed to help South Australian businesses expand into international markets.
- You must have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia
- Be able to contribute 1:1 matched funding towards the proposed amount of funding
What is eligible for funding?
These grants allow South Australian businesses to claim back 50% of the cost of a number of eligible activities.
Eligible activities under this program include:
- Marketing materials
- Market research
- E-commerce development
- Export training and consulting
- Participation in tradeshows and business missions
- Overseas travel and accommodation costs
- Support for inbound buyers
What companies are eligible for funding?
To be eligible to apply for this grant you must:
- Be a registered South Australian business with an ABN
- Be registered for GST
- Have been actively trading for at least 24 months
- Have an annual turnover between $100,000 and $15 million
Is this grant competitive or entitlement based?
Competitive. This means your application will be competing for funding against other applicants.
When does this grant open/close?
There are a number of funding rounds that open and close at select points throughout the year.
The upcoming funding round dates include:
Applications Open: 1 October 2019
Applications Close: 1 November 2019
Applications Open: 27 January 2020
Applications Close: 6 March 2020*
*Subject to budget
Do I need to pay back the money if I win the grant?
No, grant funding is not required to be paid back.
How can I get help with my application? Or find out if I’m likely to win funding?
Avant Group offers a no-obligation assessment of your eligibility for funding and will assess your likelihood of a successful grant application.
How can Avant Group help me?
Avant Group can help you write your competitive grant application, in order to increase your chances of a successful application.
Competitive grants often require significant business case development and project analysis to support the application, this may include detailed presentations supporting the project’s merit, projected sales, cost-benefit analysis and more.
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission.
- Grant application write-up including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- 3-5 year Cash flow Forecast
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application