Governments offer grant funding to assist businesses investing in major projects, capital infrastructure and industry sector growth initiatives. Grant funding isn’t required to be paid back, offering a wealth of opportunity for businesses. However having government grant writing experience can increase your chances of a successful application.
Each year competitive grants award an estimated $500+ million in funding for businesses, however the application process can be time consuming and requires compelling business case development and financial analysis to increase success.
HOW COMPETITIVE GRANTS WORK
State and Federal Governments Set Grant Funding Cycles Annually
Grant cycles open regularly throughout the year and each cycle has a limited funding pool available for award.
Competitive grant applications are judged by a panel of independent experts
Competitive grants require a project for funding, they will not fund normal day-to-day business operations (e.g. stock purchasing, business administration etc.) The chances of winning a competitive grant is based on the strength of your project and application.
Funding is Awarded and Paid
Grant funding is paid, often on a matched or co-contribution* basis, to successful applicants upon completing project milestones, typically over an 18-24 month period.
WHAT GETS FUNDED
Typical industries that get funded include, but are not limited to:
- Major Infrastructure & Construction
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Agriculture & Viticulture
- Education & Training
- Renewables & Sustainability
- Medical, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Film and Television (locally produced)
- Not-for-profit organisations
By engaging an experienced government grant specialist who can write your application from start to finish – you maximise your chances of grant success.
WHO WE ARE
Avant Group is a specialist government grants consultancy firm, having achieved more than $250+ million in government grant funding for clients to date.
When you’re competing for a limited funding pool, working with the experts will maximise your chances of success.
Successful competitive grant applications Avant Group has recently won for clients include:
- Federal Entrepreneurs Program - Accelerating Commercialisation, Growth Grants and more
- Federal and State Regional Growth Grants
- SA Future Jobs Fund
- VIC Workforce Training Innovation Fund (WTIF)
- VIC Local Industry Fund for Transition (LIFT) and Future Industries Manufacturing Program (FIMP)
- VIC Boost Your Business Vouchers
WHAT WE OFFER
As part of your engagement with Avant Group, your account manager will assess the required documents and will provide the following as needed to support your grant submission:
- Grant application writeup including a detailed presentation illustrating how the grant funding will contribute to your project, how the funding will contribute to the project’s budget, a project milestone plan, delivery timeline, impact on employment if applicable and a breakdown of the management and leadership team for the project
- Industry analysis presentation
- Competitor Analysis Presentation
- Marketing and Sales Analysis Presentation
- 3-5 year Cashflow Forecast
- 3-5 year Balance Sheet Forecast
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of Grant Funding
- End-to-end grant application including information collating, analysis and application writing
- CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) cost-benefit analysis
- Stakeholder relations and Risk Mitigation Plans
- Any other relevant forecasting that will support your application
Talk to us today, email email@example.com or phone our head office on (03) 8640 0914.
*Matched or Co-Contribution Funding = the grant applicant is required to provide a monetary contribution to the project that is matched by the government grant. Matched funding can range from 25% to 75% but is typically 50:50. For example, $10,000 must be invested in a project before $10,000 of government funding can be granted.